Meditation creates a safe space to connect with our Inner-Self and brings peace of mind, detachment, and harmony into our day. Research shows that meditation supports our cognitive abilities and focus.
With simple, clear, precise guidance and information Sylvaine makes meditation accessible for all and not intimidating. Her great level of experience in meditation makes each class a true learning experience. I have learned a lot with Sylvaine, she is truly the teacher I have been looking for.”
~ Christine V, Bainbridge, WA
To establish a solid daily practice, I offer weekly classes. With this format, students practice a new technique for an entire week and receive support. I found this more helpful than an all-day event when students find themselves on their own once the event is over.
Meditation Classes Level 1:
An Introduction to Meditation
Experience what meditation is and receive some tools to set an ongoing practice. Level I: suit beginners and people who wants some review and support.
- Learn about posture and grounding, protective mudra and the breath.
- Learn 3 primary and basic meditation techniques.
- In Level I, students have access to Tuesday nights Meditation Gathering group at no charge.
Level I: One weekly class for 4 weeks 6.30-7.30 PM, week days or Saturday AM, plus Tuesday Night Meditation Gathering.
I never had any training before, so I was very surprised, to be able to learn the basic techniques. It has changed my life, an excellent therapy, helping me to manage the stress of modern life. I sleep better, my body, and my mind more in tune. I cannot praise enough your patience, caring, guiding me through the steps to discover the many faces of Meditation; giving me the ability to contact my true Self & consciousness, an approach that is always integral and includes body, breath and senses.”
~ Christiane D’ Aries, Bainbridge Isl. WA
Meditation Classes Level II
Level II: Once comfortable with the primary techniques in Level I, student moves to level II.
In this second level, experience:
- Meditation to HEAL ourselves
- Meditation to bring us into the FIELD of Consciousness.
- Meditation on ONENESS
- Meditation on the THOUGHT
- In Level II, students have access to Tuesday nights Meditation Gathering at no charge.
One weekly class for 4 weeks 6.00-7.30 PM, week days or Saturdays AM, plus Tuesday Night Meditation Gathering.
The benefits of meditation are plentiful. Here is an article excerpt from Greater Good Magazine.
“(Editor’s Note: We are pleased to bring you this article by Jason Marsh, thanks to our collaboration with the Greater Good Magazine.
The study, published in January 2012 in the journal Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, suggests that meditating for just 30 minutes a day for eight weeks can increase the density of gray matter in brain regions associated with memory, stress, and empathy.”
Explore the wonders of Meditation
- Please dress comfortably and bring a shawl or a light sweater as body temperature fluctuates when we meditate. Bring a pen and notebook or journal.
- Bring some water if you need.
- If you wish to sit on the floor, bring a cushion and two small bath towels.
- If you wish to sit on a chair, bring 2 cushions. One for your back and one to place under your feet if needed.
- Plan to arrive 5 to 10 minutes early. Meditation instructions are given at the beginning. Being early allows you to settle down before the class begins.